Friday 18 October 2013

Internship

It has been a good few years since I last posted about my career.

I'm excited to be posting again... It really feels like it's been too long.

I feel like I need to apologize in advance for any random french posts or phrases.  For this last placement, I was SUPER lucky and I am teaching in a French immersion program, and to boot, I work at a francophone school on the side, so French is actually pretty dominant in my life right now, which I LOVE but makes it harder to talk to people since my mind is going in French.

Anyways!  This semester started out great, I'm learning a LOT!  I love this experience!  That's not to say that I don't think it's really hard, but I am always one to take on a challenge, especially when I was the one that chose it.  I find myself scrambling to keep up with the bright minds I get to help develop.

I'm not going to lie... many times I've wondered if this is truly what I want... and some days I still ask myself that... and it only takes me coming in and spending a few hours with the blessed children I get to teach, or rather who teach me, to remember that this profession is truly a blessing.  It takes a selfless person to be a teacher.  I look at my colleagues and I see such Christlike examples of what leaders need to be.  It's reflected in the students' behaviours too!  I have students correcting students and calling them back to attention and to remember the class rules : Respect and French... I only have two, but they are both important, and they know it and, usually, keep them.

More to come! Especially on classroom management and engaging students!

No comments:

Post a Comment