Tuesday 8 April 2014

Online Presentations

This week's assignment gave me a good taste and even better appreciation for the flipped classroom idea!

I loved it because I know that in my classes as a student, I hated being the last kid to write down the notes that everyone was waiting for just as much as I hated being the kid who writes point form notes of the important stuff and having to wait around for the slow poke.  Online presentations, even if it wasn't an inverted classroom, but just posted again later, would go miles in k-12.  In university I have professors who will post their notes after class or provide their power point just before class, and that helps a lot.  My favourite thus far was a professor who posted his notes along with a recording of his voice and the writing he did on the electronic board every week!  I still have access to those I think... and I remember a lot about the vectors, etc that I was easily able to go back and review with "him".

The Powtoon presentations can even appear as though it follows my writing! :)

Also, a quick note: As I mentioned in a comment to my post on social media, I've almost grown fond of twitter now! This week, being able to see what others thought of each others' presentations was great :)


No comments:

Post a Comment